Free WiFi for Low Income Families: Or is it?
Although this sounds like such a great idea and a great think to have free internet, it is kind of untrue at the same time. These people they are offering free internet access to are people who are low income families. Traditionally low income families struggle to get by, therefore having a computer in the house would be a high luxury for someone of that nature. So even though free internet access is being offered, how many people actually have a computer is a better question? I would definitely be in favor for it if there was a way to get these people in need a computer. Without a computer I don’t see the point in the free wifi, I think it sounds good but when you look deeper into it you realize the true situation. Computers are becoming a increasing need, so maybe a program can be developed to get low income families refurbished computers. The middle class is benefiting from this program more then low income families. Like I stated above, the low income families are not taking advantage of the free wifi because they can’t even afford a computer to being with. Therefore the middle class families who have computers take the free wifi. The project should definitely be shifted in the direction of getting low income families computers because computers are a increasing necessity, especially in education.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment