Online Class Experience: Positive or Negative?

Last semester I finished my fist online class. I thought the course was so effective that I decided to take two more this semester. The course I am taking right now is part of my criminal justice major, its called Physical Security. Weekly we had to keep up with the reading, and at the end of the week we had to make a post on the message board responding to a specific topic. After posting our thoughts and feelings we had to respond to two students before the end of the week. The biggest challenge is to stay up with the reading because you don’t have to attend class at all during the week. The course is really interesting, but what I like most about it is that I have the freedom from not having to attend classes at set times each week like traditional classes.
This online class definitely takes some getting use to, because it is a lot different then a regular class. You are unable to procrastinate like you can in traditional school. There is work due each week, an you are not constantly reminded by the teacher because you don’t see the teacher two to three times a week. I found myself becoming more discipline outside of school, an I think the responsibility and discipline needed for online classes attributed to it. Although I had success with this online class, I don’t know if it would be effective for all classes. Classes like accounting or other business classes might be pretty difficult to take online.

No comments:

Post a Comment