Mudding: Sane or Insane?

I see zero positives from Mudding, I think it is childish and unhealthy. I find it borderline insane that a individual cannot have enough self esteem to be his or herself to live in the real world. They have to rely on these virtual worlds for anything social based. They use it as a safe house so they can not fear rejection from the outside world. The man in the article was referring to rape in the virtual/ real world. First of all why is he thinking about rape? And second why are you allowed to rape people in a virtual world? That is really disturbing. I mean morally anything these people can’t do in the real world they do in the virtual. People go on these websites and cheat on there significant others, is that suppose to be ok? Basically these people want to cheat on there significant others but can’t get themselves to, so they go on the computer and do it virtually? To me it is so pathetic and sad that people actually do this. Finally, I honestly can’t take a positive from Mudding because people are only making things worse relying on a computer for everything.


Digital identities are these people’s real identities one hundred percent. They have no physical identity, they rely solely on a computer for any type of social interaction. This sit behind a computer screen and try to be people who they are completely not. I mean if your sitting behind a computer screen for a certain amount of time, and devoting all your free time to his virtual world, which is your real identity? It has to be the digital one, its the one they are happier with an more focused on. I mean some of these people are not in a healthy mental state or they just completely hate who they are they run to a computer for a instant change, which isn’t healthy either.

No comments:

Post a Comment